This Laevo Cook Mortar and Pestle is a very good product. I did much looking around and research over several mortar and pestles before finally deciding on this one. When I first picked it up from its package I noticed how heavy and sturdy it was. A good sign of quality. It does a very nice job of grinding up herbs, seeds, and spices, which is what I mainly use it for. I think that, this being granite stone, it does a much butter job than an unglazed ceramic mortar. I definitely think I chose a winner :)
So this came in and I was sooo excited to open it. It's very big and heavy and you can tell it's solid granite! It Is Rough Inside and the end of the pestle is rough too. I personally love this because it grinds things so much better! This is such a great deal for a quality made mortar and pestle. It's absolutely beautiful and I am so pleased with my purchase! It took me forever to review and search all the best prices and quality ones and I'm glad I made the best choice, I feel like I have to best one. Amazing size!
We were looking for a mortar & pestle set
large enough to make it functional for
mashing avocados and other veggies
instead of just small herbs and spices.
This is really a nice set with the inside just
rough enough to make for a good surface
for grinding. The outside is smooth.
Nicely rustic but doesn't damage the
If you are a blooming chef that cooks
frequently, you should have one of these
arsenal of kitchen tools.
- Two sides allow for separating the flavors, easy cleaning and excellent mortar stability.
- Use shallow side for smaller quantities and ingredients like peppercorns and spices.
- Use the deeper side for making dishes and marinades and grinding large ingredients such as herbs and coffee beans.
- Flip the pestle for more efficient grinding and mashing.
- Use as a placemat while utilizing the mortar - Use as a lid once cooked to preserve the freshness of your dish.
- Use for stirring, mixing and sampling your dish - Will not interfere with natural food flavors or oxidize them